Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter recipe. To cook purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter you only need 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Take 2 pounds purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes)
- Get 2 eggs
- Use 1 teaspoon dried sage
- You need 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 1 1/2 cup flour plus extra for dusting
- Prepare 3 tablespoons butter
- Prepare 4 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- Provide 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Steps to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min.
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process.
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring.
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine.
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces.
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together.
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use.
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier.
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
If you find this Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.