Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet and sour pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet and sour pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet and sour pork recipe. To cook sweet and sour pork you need 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet and sour pork:
- Use Sauce
- Prepare 250 g pork or chicken, diced
- Prepare 25 g butter
- Take 1 large onion
- Take 500 g tinned pineapple pieces (1 big tin or 2 smaller ones)
- Prepare 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Get 1 tsp cornflour
- Prepare 1 juice (orange, tropical etc)
- Use Egg fried rice
- Get Cooked rice
- Take 1 medium onion
- Get 2 rashers bacon
- Take 2 eggs
- You need 2 tbsp oil
- Prepare 1 tsp soy sauce
- Get Peas (optional)
Steps to make Sweet and sour pork:
- Drain juice from pineapple and top up with juice until you have 300ml of liquid, add 200ml of water
- Put sugar and cornflour in bowl, add a little of the juice mixture and mix. This will make a wet paste with hopefully no lumps. When done add the rest of the juice and mix again
- Chop onion and fry slowly with butter.
- Cut meat into small pieces and add to onions. Seal the meat. Once done, add the juice mixture and season
- Bring to the boil then add pineapple.
- Simmer at least 3/4 hour or 1 1/2 hours in oven, medium heat.
- When you have 15min left on the sauce, cook rice
- If you are adding peas then cook them now
- While the rice is cooking, finely chop the onions and fry with the oil in frying pan
- Cut bacon into 2cm pieces and fry with onions
- Add cooked rice (and peas) to bacon and onion and mix.
- Make hole in middle and pour in two beaten eggs. Gradually scramble and mix with rice
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Serve the rice and sauce together.
If you find this Sweet and sour pork recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.